ADVERTISEMENT

arroyo is not "the guy".

Denver Devil

Gold Member
Aug 23, 2006
Its been 4 games now and I have yet to see any true innovation or misdirection on offense. Nothing but line them up and run Skattebo.

The play calling tonight was abysmal. Twice he pulled out STUPID play calls on 4th and short. We were bailed out by a PI on one and then didn't get the second. Everything we do on offense is predictable and goes right into the gameplan our opponents defense is prepared for.

And WTF was the reason we went for the 2-pt conversion when you're down by 8 after scoring the 6pts?????? Who is the idiot who made that call??

Abney (#1) sucks, period. The kid is a liability on defense.
Metayer (#7) is afraid of contact and can't catch.

Then we have the lack of discipline on both sides of the ball. The lack of football IQ and the stupid penalties this team does is inexcusable. The reason these happen is because there's ZERO accountability by the coaches. Rowser (#4) should have been sat i=on the bench for a few plays after his stupidity, but that didn't happen.

This was a winnable game but we came in unprepared, uninspired and we beat ourselves. Looking at the remaining schedule the only games I see this team having a true chance to win are: KU, @Cinci and BYU. If this team can somehow get to the u4 game at 6-5 it will be a good season. If we don't go 3-0 against those 3, while losing all of the others, I don't see this season as the big step forward.

Lots of football left to be played. How will this team and staff respond?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.