ADVERTISEMENT

August 1st Official Visit Notices by ASU

Hod Rabino

Staff
Feb 23, 2015
NCAA rules allow schools to officially offer scholarships to 2021 prospects on August 1st. Obviously more symbolic than anything as ASU, much like a lot of other schools already have more than a dozen commits from that class.

Now, I like the spin ASU puts on this (with creative graphic efforts) as to not just straight officially a prospect who isn’t committed, but also invite them for an official visit. No date specified for the visit, but obviously a clear declaration of how serious ASU is on some prospects.

And there are some interesting names here in that regard and I listed them in order below:

Devin Kirkwood – we talked in the past about the UCLA four-star DB commit who early on was trending to ASU, and even after he committed to the Bruins I told you that you shouldn’t be surprised if he does come full circle and commits to ASU. This tweet definitely that he’s excited about visiting ASU in the future. And honestly, if he committed to the Sun Devils before a visit I wouldn’t be shocked.

Enrique Cruz – the offensive tackle may have been a later addition to ASU’s board but there is a strong mutual interest between both sides. And yes he’s 6-6 so qualifies for the ASU model.

Robert Jackson – As mentioned the other day, currently the most viable defensive lineman on the board for ASU, a 6-6 defensive end. The Sun Devils have been on him for a while. Time will tell if their efforts pay off.

Jordan Moko – As mentioned in my latest recruiting snapshot, Moko is by far the most intriguing prospect on this list, an Australian player who has yet to set foot on the Snow College campus’ practice field, let alone play a game, and already has an impressive list of offers. So, his recruitment is a true definition of a wild card and in comparison to the others I mentioned here will be harder to land.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News