ADVERTISEMENT

Bama's DL

Status
Not open for further replies.

lived1

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2007
Thru 9 games Alabama's defensive line has a combined total of 4.5 sacks (the team has 24 (tied for 37th in FBS........Bama's pressure comes from LBs with 16 of the sacks and 29 of their 43 QB Hurries while the DL has 9 QB Hurries.....1.0 per game)

The DL Sack leader is freshman Christian Barmore with 1.5 (He has 12 TT/8 solos/4 assists. 3 QB Hurries. 1 PBU)

The leading tackler among Bama DL is Senior Raekwon Davis with 36 TT/11 solos/25 assists..5 sack, 2 TFLs, 3 QB Hurries

Followed by Soph Phidarian Mathis with 17 TT, 10 solos, 7 assists. 0 sacks. 2 QB Hurries, 1 FF

I mention this because Bama recruits DL (and nearly every position) at the highest level

Meanwhile Jerrmayne Lole is 1st in the Pac 12 in tackles per game among DL and 3rd in P5. He has 2.5 sacks. 6 TFLs. 48 TT/18 solos/30 assists. 1 PBU & 1 QB hurry (and I would guess that Lole is getting no more reps than many many other P5 DL as DG likes to rotate with the best of them)

DJ Davidson has 1.5 sacks, 39 TT/16 solos/21 assists. 4.5 TFLs. 1 PBU (He is tied for 50th in the Pac in tackles per game and 4th among DL......1 less than Cal's Luc Bequette)

I AM GUESSING THAT ASU's 3 total QB HURRIES (1 Lole/1 Merlin/1 Wilkins) on the season is dead last among P5s

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News