ADVERTISEMENT

Bourbon Street Southwest

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
That's how Hansen describes the area surrounding Sun Devil Stadium as it's high rise towers, bars and restaurants, that overflow with people for big games, like the rivalry with AU...says its unlike anywhere else in the PAC and that all the other PAC venues have a collegiate feel to them while the ASU venue does not...he uses this as a lead in for saying that the T-Cup game is now back to where it needs to be with each school and area really disliking each other and playing that way under Graham and Rich Rod...

So, is that an accurate description of the ASU game day locale in Tempe..??

And, is it a totally unique venue compared to the rest of the PAC..??

Hansen further points out that some ASU fans would rather beat AU than win the PAC championship and that beating the Cats is worth five wins at least...

So, would you rather beat the Cats or win a PAC championship..??

For me, that's a tough one, as I have lived through the infamous "Streak" which went on for almost an entire decade and my psych is still scarred to this day because of that...

I will be forever grateful to Larry Marmie who finally ended the "streak" before he was fired back in 1991...

On another note, I see where the Bears are favored by a FG over the Devils next weekend in Berkeley...

It should be an interesting game since Goff is probably the best QB in the nation and certainly knows how to read blitzes and exploit them, and you have to figure he will have a big day against our porous secondary that has given up big plays all season long...

I think we may end up in the local Cactus Bowl if we can manage a win there which would be nice for us as the game is played in the Valley...

I also guess that the winner of the USC-UCLA game will represent the PAC South in the title game against Stanford, as the Utes have just run out of gas and will finish around third in the South if they can beat Colorado next weekend...

You have to wonder how the Oregon and Wazzu games might have turned out for the Devils if the officials hadn't blown some calls in those games and they also blew the call when they let the Cats off the hook by not calling an intentional grounding penalty on them late in the 4th quarter...

Intentional grounding is based on the premise that you cannot just throw a ball away while under duress and with no viable receivers in the picture and, if that isn't what happened on that play, then I don't know what really constitutes intentional grounding...

As we all know, the PAC has the poorest officiating in the entire country...they also missed about a dozen or more holding calls against the Cats during the game and it was totally embarrassing to say the least...

So, is the luster back on the rivalry game as Hansen points out..??

To me the luster never really took a vacation but not sure it was that prominent under Erickson compared to Graham, who really gets it...

All I know is that I've slept well the past couple of nights because we won and the Thanksgiving dinner will taste better than ever, and I will be very well mannered around my Wildcat friends and family because winners should always do that...

Forget Bourbon Street...Forks Up Rules..!!!

:):D;):p...Go Devils!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News