ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Games

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
I've counted 42 bowl games that will be played between now and New Years with the PAC playing in seven of those games...

LA Bowl on 12-17 = Fresno St vs Wazzu

Las Vegas Bowl on 12-17 = #17 Oregon St vs Florida

Holiday Bowl on 12-28 = #15 Oregon vs North Carolina

Alamo Bowl on 12-29 = #12 Washington vs #21 Texas

Sun Bowl on 12-30 = #18 UCLA vs Pitt

Cotton Bowl on Jan 2nd = #8 USC vs #14 Tulane

Rose Bowl on Jan 2nd = #7 Utah vs #9 Penn St

So, was this a pretty successful year for the PAC getting seven teams in bowls and having six teams ranked in the Top 25..??

We got close to having a playoff team in the Final Four but the Trojans were thumped by the Utes in the PAC championship game, as we all know...

With 84 teams in bowl games is it a realistic expectation for ASU to be in a bowl game each year..??

On paper, it doesn't appear right now that we would get there next year but if we can recruit the portal well this off-season, who knows, right..??

But, if not next year, what about the following year..??

Also, is it realistic that in the near future, say by the third year of "All-In-Arizona" Sun Devil football recruiting and play, that we could become an annual Top 25 program..??

Can Dilly and his staff "Activate Arizona" enough to turn the Sun Devil tide from misery to one of Forks Up delight within a couple of years...

So far, I like what he is doing with his staff hiring although almost anything would be better than what we had under Herm this last go-round...

It seems hard to believe that programs like Oregon St and Wazzu have passed us by and that Arizona is ahead of us right now based on what happened this season...

I'm solidly behind Dilly and his approach to improving our status moving forward and looking forward to what he and his staff can do in the portal and HS ranks before the end of the year...

Go Dilly and Go Devils!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.