ADVERTISEMENT

Byron Murphy

Ralph Amsden

May 1, 2013
Byron Murphy is visiting during the Territorial Cup, and will make his mind up after that. If you've read any reports that he's set for a November decision date, that's not necessarily the case. Jason Mohns told me no date has been set, but that he's just expected to decide shortly after his ASU visit. Murphy has told me that at this time he's still looking at a January announcement. That could obviously change.

I believe Jack Jones is leaning toward Texas A&M, which would give the Aggies three DB commits for the 2016 cycle. If Maurice Chandler is leaning toward ASU, that would put the Sun Devils in the same boat (assuming they see Kyle Wiliams as a WR, and assuming Chase Lucas commits and they see him that way as well).

Washington has three DB commits for the 2016 cycle as well.

Murphy wants an opportunity to play, and only one of Washington's 17 defensive backs on the roster is a senior. Texas A&M graduates five defensive backs this year, while ASU loses three starters and its primary nickel corner.

If Byron Murphy was to commit to ASU, it may influence four star safety Lamar Jackson to give ASU a closer look as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.