ADVERTISEMENT

Final Four Failure

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
I turned off the game last night because it looked like the Cats would end up winning so was very surprised this morning to find out that they had lost, which made me feel pretty good immediately, but there is still some part of me that resents me getting pleased at AU failure when we can't even make it to the Dance most years...

Don't get me wrong as there is no pity for the kiddies but I would much rather be taking joy in the Sun Devils actually accomplishing something significant in basketball, instead of rooting all of the time for the Cats to lose...

Does anybody feel the same as me on this point..??

The Cats and their fans are bemoaning the fact that they haven't been to the Final Four in 16 long years, while we can't even seem to make the Dance but once or twice a decade, much less talking about making it to the Sweet 16 or Elite 8 or the Final Four...

It is fun when they fail and we take glee in that but I would much rather be watching our Sun Devils doing something besides playing for some booby prize like an NIT ticket most years...

The table was set for the Cats to make the Final Four but there is never, it seems, a sure thing during March Madness...

Hopefully, Bobby Hurley will get enough talent on board to finally get us to the promised land (The Dance at the very least) and make us somewhat relevant again in basketball...

Congrats to the Musketeers for outplaying the #2 Seed in the West...Go Devils!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News