ADVERTISEMENT

Gameday Experience

reggieb21

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2022
I really like the discussions about the gameday experience in another thread and wanted to start a thread on it. I am 27 and graduated a few years ago. I have loved ASU since 2007. My first real memory was a walk-off hail mary around 2007-8, but I cannot remember who it was (maybe someone can jog my memory). But I want to get this off my chest.

I hate what is happening to the area surrounding Sun Devil stadium. I do not understand how, we fans, are supposed to have a meaningful gameday experience and love the Sun Devils together. The increase in buildings and pavement is making that experience much worse. How can we hang out for a couple of hours in a pavement jungle surrounded by business buildings? Or how can kids play football or run around and be kids in a parking lot? To add to this, it is going to be 100+ degrees.

Also, as part of the younger generation, I think they need to upgrade the gameday experience within the stadium with music and different forms of entertainment. Gamedays have always felt kind of stale and I think they need to upgrade things about the gameday experience within the game to keep some traditions but also create new ones.

For full transparency, I have not been to a game in three years and this has been because of leadership (Ray and Crow) and herm edwards calling the shots still. I want to go to more, but the experience for me is not worth paying the prices that are being offered. I have been reenergized by CKD and I want to help be a part of the solution, but I feel like the people at the top are going to prevent CKD and us from creating the environment that we want it to become.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News