ADVERTISEMENT

Loss of Former Women's BB Player and ASU Hall of Famer

theoriginalsundevil4life

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
I meant to post this about a week ago but it still shocked me to the point I couldn't do it till now. We lost Molly Tuter, who is a former ASU Women's Basketball Player (1994-1997 I believe) and was elected to the ASU Hall of Fame.

I actually got a chance to befriend her on social media, but sadly never got the opportunity to meet her in person. She encompassed to me all the wonderful parts of my life: ASU obviously and my growing up in Bullhead City, AZ and going to Mohave High School where she took over as the women's high school basketball coach. She loved to have fun with her wife and kids on the Colorado River and always laughed at some of my stupid UofA jokes. She was a Sun Devil through and through. I was informed by one of my high school friends about a month ago that she was very sick and not likely to make it. I won't speculate on the cause as my friend wasn't absolutely sure of it.

I posted on her Facebook page upon the news that I hoped she was up there tilting one back with Pat, Bruce, and the rest of the Sun Devil family we lost too soon. Rest-in-Peace my friend. I'm honored to have known you albeit too briefly

GXStz73WkAAQj-L

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.