ADVERTISEMENT

Offseason To-do List

SanTan Devil

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2015
East Coast Bias
The season is not officially over but, now there’s time to start addressing/locking up 2020 needs, please add to or feel free to argue:
  • Jayden Daniels could stand to add some good weight (even a little bad weight wouldn’t hurt). Very doable and I believe he will better himself in this way.
  • Ethan Long needs a position, RB serious/not serious?
  • Zendejas needs to work on his leg strength, ASU needs a realistic shot at 50 yard FGs and kicking through EZ. Mean to say but, a kicker needs to be ‘complete’ and able to consistently kickoff as well. Maybe another kicker needs to be found? Odd Ruiz was seen at the past two games
  • Need to get at least Deamonte Trayanum on campus for Spring Ball and start figuring out the two-deep at RB. Returning underclassmen not gonna cut it with this OL
  • Need to lock down the rest of the 2020 recruiting class... I cannot remember a season where ASU was in on so many talented players and having room for them all was concerning. So much so that I keep thinking of greyshirt candidates amongst existing commits. I don’t want to name names tho
  • Need to get some underperforming DL in-shape and ready. DL is a lot easier to shore up with youth, no reason guys like Wright cannot step up next season and no reason a guy like Norman-Lott or Joe Moore couldn’t step in ahead of others already in two deep.
  • Any staff attrition, unplanned or otherwise, will be very interesting opportunities to maybe improve on the recruiting trail or possibly scheme
  • Need to convince Joey Yellen to stay at ASU or have a really good plan at QB2. I don’t think Long, Shapen, or that little walk-on will do
  • Merlin needs to find his mojo
  • Need to find replacements for Kobe Williams, possibly Jack Jones and Chase Lucas. I think Ryan Clark is one of those, Timarcus Davis is serviceable, the Markhams and 2020 DBs all have a shot.
  • On the note of early draft entrants, those guys all need honest assessments and should consider not hiring an agent
  • Need the Mystery OL transfer to be serviceable, more Christian Westerman than Roy Helmsley. Need Cote to get a 6th year, Shear to step up, Henderson to hit the gym/train, Ben Scott/field of OL to compete for starting roles.
This list is longer and should be fun to discuss

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.