ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Kelley and backup plans

Ralph Amsden

May 1, 2013
Ryan Kelley is the top QB target for Oregon, ASU and UCLA for 2017, and since he's committing a week from today, I figured it's be good to take a look at this.

Ryan Kelley had a genuine interest in Texas A&M, but Tate Martell filled that spot for 2017.

Oregon isn't seriously pursuing any 2017 QB but Ryan Kelley right now. They don't even have an offer out. They have 3 QB verbals for 2016, and the Ducks are notorious for contacting recruits but not offering until late in the process, so I'm not sure what their backup plan would be.

My guess is Hawaii's Tua Tagovailoa could be next to get an offer. He already has one from ASU and UCLA.

UCLA is set with Josh Rosen for now, and they have a 2016 QB commit from Colorado who was a two star when he gave his pledge, and hasn't received an additional offer since his commitment. If they don't get Kelley- who likes Mazzone's offense (and would fit well in it based on what I've seen), they'll fall back on pursuing Davis Mills out of Georgia. A longshot would be settling for 3-star Lindell Stone of Virginia.

UCLA is high on Dylan McCaffrey as well, but it looks like he may be leaning toward Michigan.

Arizona State is set for 2016 with Dillon Sterling-Cole's verbal, and would take Kelley or the presently-higher-ranked Tristan Gebbia and be equally pleased. (Look for Kelley's ranking to rise when the next Rivals250 comes out). ASU is also in on Davis Mills, but the sleeper here is Keytaon Thompson of New Orleans.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News