ADVERTISEMENT

Signing Day- The Home Stretch

Ralph Amsden

May 1, 2013
I'll use this thread to toss up any late developments or rumors I hear this week.

Right now ASU seems like they'll be able to hold on to the guys they have in the stable, and I don;t expect any last second Paul Lucas-style flips. As far as near misses- here's what could have been:

DJ Morgan- S, was committed to ASU until Notre Dame came in right after he announced.

Hunter Kampmoyer- DE, committed to ASU right after receiving his first offer form the Sun Devils. Then he blew up, took several trips, decommitted to "focus on school" took more trips, and committed to Oregon.

Darel Middleton- TE, committed to ASU after Kenny Dillingham convinced him to Google pictures of the campus. That didn't last. It's his second decommit, and since he's been part of a transfer controversy, been suspended from the Oak Ridge football team, and quit the basketball team- this one might have saved ASU a headache.

Kamari Pleasant- ATH, committed to ASU with a video. ASU gave the film two thumbs down. He's at Washington.

AS far as in-conference, ASU was given serious consideration by Treyjohn Butler and Henry Hattis (Stanford), Traveon Beck (Cal), CJ Pollard and Frank Martin (USC), Keenen King (Washington State), Shurod Thompson (Oregon State), Garrett Bolles (Utah), and the trio of Onwuzirike, Murphy and McGrew (Washington).

Here's how ASU is doing in 2016 head-to-head recruiting battles with conference foes and other peripheral rivals. Obviously this doesn't factor in "backup plans" or "we didn't want him anyway" types.

UCLA 11, ASU 3
Stanford 8, ASU 0 (Bisharat would technically count as a win for ASU)
Oregon 8, ASU 3 (Connor Murphy, Lamar Jackson, Calvin Bundage, and Bisharat are in play)
ASU 6, Cal 4
USC 6, ASU 2
ASU 7, Utah 2
Washington 8, ASU 4
ASU 5, Oregon State 2
ASU 7, Washington State 1
ASU 5, Colorado 1

ASU 5, U of A 2 (includes DeVaughn Cooper)

Nebraska, 7, ASU 5 (Jackson and Bisharat in play)
Texas A&M 6, ASU 4

Reactions: asuabby
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.