ADVERTISEMENT

Sun Devil PAC Football Opponents Over-Under

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
Information taken from Jon Wilner's PAC Hotline News this morning from the Daily Star...

I figure the Devils will be no worse than 2-1 entering conference play on Sept 24th when they host Utah...

Utah: the Utes over-under is projected at 8.5 vs Devils projected 5.5 and you can see why when comparing what the PAC champion Utes (10-4 and 8-1) did last year that included a thrashing of the Devils in Utah...

Does anyone think that the Devils will have closed the gap in overall talent and experience against the Utes this year based on what has happened during this off-season..??

I certainly do not think so but the Devils do get the Utes at home which is a plus...I figure the Utes will be anywhere from a 7-14 pt. favorite in the game...

USC: ASU travels to USC the next weekend to play the Trojans and the over-under for USC (4-8 and 3-6) is put at 9.5...

Does anyone here think the Trojans are going to only win four games again this year under new head coach Lincoln Riley..??

Not me, that's for sure, and there are good reasons why the Trojans O-U is set at 9.5 as they still have some of the best talent (money can buy) in the conference...

I figure the Trojans will be 4-0 before playing the Devils and will be favored by 10-17 pts...

Wash: The Devils then return home to play the Huskies (4-8 and 3-6) and their O-U is projected at 7.5...

The same question applies to the Huskies, as to the Trojans, in my mind, which is this; does anyone think the Huskies are going to only win four games again this season under a new coach and QB..??

Winning seven games may be a stretch and, fortunately, for the Devils, this is a home game that I would rate at about a toss-up right now...

Stanford: ASU then gets a BYE week before traveling to Stanford that was only 3-9 and 2-7 last year...

The Cardinal O-U is projected at 4.5 but get the Devils at home, after having to face Notre Dame on the road, plus the Devils will be coming off a BYE week...

So, this looks like another toss-up type game to me...

Colorado: ASU then faces Colorado (4-8 and 3-6) on the road and the Buffs O-U is put at 3.5 so the Devils should be favored in this game, although they are not especially good playing on the road, as we all know...

Once again, this appears to be a toss-up type game to me since it's on the road...

UCLA: Next, the Sun Devils get UCLA (8-4 and 6-3) at home and the Bruins projected O-U is 8.5...

The Bruins have the easiest schedule, by far, in the conference that includes eight home games but ASU clobbered them last season in the Rose Bowl...

I figure that the Bruins will be favored in this game, given their schedule, where they may only have a loss or two, if that, before facing the Sun Devils...

Wazzu: The Devils then travel to Wazzu (7-6 and 6-3) to play a team they lost badly to last season, as we all know...

The Cougars projected O-U is 5.5 or the same as our Sun Devils, so this should be a closely contested game in Pullman...

Oregon State: The Devils then return home to host Oregon St (7-6 and 5-4) and the Beavers also have a projected 5.5 O-U...

Probably close to another toss-up game but like Devils chances at home...

Arizona: Devils then conclude the season at AU (1-11 and 1-8) and will be looking for their sixth straight win against the Cats...

The Cats O-U is projected at 2.5 but they would appear to have a better team on paper, at least, than they had last season...

This may be the game that determines whether the Sun Devils exceed their projected 5.5 O-U or not...

I don't think the Devils will beat the Cowboys in Stillwater or the Trojans in the Coliseum and may split the road games that include Stanford, Colorado, Wazzu and Arizona...

If so, that would give the Devils four losses and they may also split the four PAC home games that would give them six losses or thereabouts...

As a result, the projected 5.5 O-U seems about right to me...

What say you about any of this..??

Go Devils!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News