ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Walkabout

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
Mornin Mates...

Today's Topic = The Truth Is Out There

Whether our recruiting has completely stalled due to whatever or whether AU will finish with a Top 50 class or whether Stanford has strengthened their academic standards for admitting football players or whether Las Vegas will get an NFL team like the Oakland Raiders or whether our basketball team can beat the Ducks tonight, etc...

Is it just me or have we not landed one football recruit this new year..?? I'm pretty sure that we haven't landed anyone since before X-mas sometime and I'm wondering if that has ever happened before..??

Meanwhile, down here, the Cats have been getting one de-commitment after another and one of their commitments has been busy visiting with the Sun Devils this weekend...

The Wildcats class is currently ranked #62 by Rivals, according to the Star, which puts them behind Western Michigan and UAB, while the Sun Devils class keeps slipping in the ratings and may end up out of the Top 25, if things don't improve pretty dramatically in the next few days...

It's interesting to see that Stanford is rated #14 nationally in recruiting by Rivals and yet they have four 2 star recruits, in addition to one 5 star and six 4 star guys in their class so far, and the Devils are now ranked #31 with just one 2 star recruit, one 5 star recruit and four 4 star guys...go figure since our player average is 3.38 compared to 3.17 for the Cardinal...I'm guessing that the truth is out there somewhere...

Perhaps, the Cardinal is in the process of not admitting as many football players as before, who don't meet more rigid student academic standards..?? There have been a lot of de-commitments coming from there, that don't make a whole lot of sense, unless something else is going on at the school...

Meanwhile, Las Vegas is planning to build a world class football complex, that will include a billion dollar stadium, so it can draw an NFL franchise to the city and be able to host things like the Super Bowl in the future and, who wouldn't like that, as there is always something to do in the city that never sleeps and doesn't really get hopping until nighttime...the Raiders would be a natural fit for Vegas, where their past bad boy reputation could only be enhanced, it would seem...

Of course, Vegas is a corporate town these days but their sin city image is alive and well "where what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas"...I have a friend who lives down here in southern Arizona, who spends much of his spare time in Las Vegas as, like so many others, he just cannot get enough of it, so I have absolutely no doubt that Vegas will become an NFL destination one of these days soon...

Finally, what are our chances of beating the Ducks in BB this evening at WFA..??

As we all know, the Ducks ended the the Cats 49 home-game winning streak on Thursday night, which caused Sean Miller to blow a gasket and the Ducks now sit atop the PAC as a result...the Ducks have won at least 21 games a season under Altman and have gone to three straight Dances with a fourth straight on the way while our Devils have done a swan song since PAC play began...

It's not hard to figure out why the Devils are almost in last place in the PAC as they are 10th in FG%, 12th in FG% defense, 12th in 3-pt %, 8th in 3 pt % defense, and 6th in FT%...I thought we had a little better talent than that but then again some thought that Herb had been a pretty good recruiter before he left...I guess the truth is out there somewhere...

Is the truth out there regarding these issues this fine Sunday morning..??

You tell me...;)

G'day Mates...Championships or Bust...Go Devils!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.