ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Walkabout

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
Mornin Mates...

Today's Topic = All's Well That Ends Well

I've been saying for months now that I thought we had a real shot at beating both Mich St and Stanford at home this season and the first part of that equation has now been put in the record book as a success...

Admittedly, it did not look all that likely through three quarters but the Devils never quit and Manny, despite overthrowing deep routes routinely, found a way to get it done when it counted the most...

And, BTW, when I say Talent Is Destiny there is no better example of that than five star receiver, N'Keal Harry, who stayed home to attend ASU and has gone on to star at ASU...he's the real deal and one of the primary reasons the Devils won the game...

Not just because he caught that wonderful TD in the 4th quarter but because of the way his presence opened up other receivers during the game that allowed Manny to throw for 380 yards...they double-teamed Harry almost all game long and when they didn't he made them pay...

He was the difference in the game, if you ask me, because of what his presence means for the Devils on the field...

That said, this was a great team effort by the Devils and their coaching staff as the defense came up with big plays all night long, with none more significant than Das's INT in the end-zone to prevent a Mich St score that was so very crucial...

Then you had Manny completing 30-48 passes for 380 yards, outshining the Spartans very good QB Lewerke, who completed 27-39 passes for 314 yards...

And, you also had Sleep averaging 43.4 yards per punt and Ruiz connecting on 3-3 FGs including the game winner with no time left on the clock...he also got the Sun Devil scoring started in the second half by hitting a difficult 49 yarder that looked like a Tiger Woods two iron shot with a lot of draw on it when it went over the goal-post's cross-bar...

That was a very big win for the team and for Herm and his staff and it surely brought a big smile to both RA and president Crow, as well...

Of course, we are are smiling and feeling like a million bucks this morning but one game does not a season make as San Diego St will be another challenge next week on the road, and then we have to travel to Seattle to take on the Huskies...

Let's hope that our Devils don't have a big hangover from this game and now take advantage of the position that they have put themselves in by beating the Spartans...

One game at a time...:)

In other PAC news, the Cats got beaten badly yesterday by Houston, while Rich Rod was in the stands watching the game, since his son is the back-up QB and he was also in the stands last week at Wildcat stadium when the Cats lost to BYU...

Arizona president Robbins was on the field with the Cats until the second half when he took shelter somewhere within the confines of the stadium...it was rumored that he put a bag over his head when he was exiting the stadium as the game ended but I haven't been able to confirm that rumor at this point...

Now the media down here are saying that the Cats really don't have very good players even though they were picking the Cats for big things this year with Tate at QB...

Well, the Sun Devils now have a chance to silence even more critics in the coming weeks but they better remember that if you don't bring your "A" game to each contest you will probably get beat...

When I look at the PAC South if looks pretty wide open to me...;)...keeping in mind that there are no easy games to be had anywhere in the conference...

Can the Devils take advantage of that moving forward..??

Have a great day...:)

G'day Mates and Go Devils!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News