ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Walkabout

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
Mornin Mates...

Today's Topic = Playing To Win, Finally

So, we're all asking ourselves what has changed since we lost to a couple of teams, that included Stanford, that we probably should have beaten weeks ago, to where we now have beaten USC and Utah in back to back games..??

Multiple Choice Question as we ask ourselves what has changed..??

A) Herm has gotten over himself with his "play not to lose" offensive philosophy and is now "playing to win"...

B) Likens has had an epiphany when it comes to better utilizing the offensive personnel he has, especially when it comes to N'Keal who played a lot in the slot yesterday...

C) Manny is no longer Manny and has gotten significantly better the past couple of games for whatever reason(s)...

D) All of the Above...

E) None of the Above...

And, if you pick "None of the Above" please let us know what has changed like team chemistry, more experience, better nutrition, etc...

On another note, I love N'Keal not only because he is winning games for us but because he is proving my most significant point regarding talent which is TALENT IS DESTINY....

I wonder what our record would be the past three seasons without his five star talent on the field..??

Anyone want to hazard a guess..??

Regarding the PAC, don't look now but there are about four teams in the South that can win the South Title including our Sun Devils...

"All we have to do" is win our next three games and we'd win the South...:)

Of course, Arizona thinks they already have it in the bag since they've beaten both Oregon and Colorado but Utah and USC also only have three losses, at this point, just like the Sun Devils...

However, in the North, the Pirate and Wazzu are now heading for the North Title at 8-1 and 5-1 in the PAC, with games left against a depleted Colorado team on the road next week followed by home games against AU and Wash...

We know that The Pirate always "plays to win" and does it in a very entertaining way, most of the time, with his high powered passing attack...

Meanwhile, the Sun Devils will play Chip and the Bruins next Saturday in SDS and many here will think that will be an easy win, that would be a huge mistake, since UCLA, despite its poor record, has enough talent to beat the Devils if ASU does not play up to their potential...

I'm hoping that Herm will not be blowing up any more balloons this week, trying to get the message across to the team, that they shouldn't have swelled heads these days like he did before the San Diego St game...

And, that he doesn't go back to "playing not to lose" instead of "playing to win"...;)

I look forward to your answers to my multiple choice question...:D

Great day to be a Sun Devil...:)

G'day Mates and Go Devils!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News