ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Walkabout

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
Mornin Mates...

Today's Topic = Has a Pulse been Detected ?

So, do our Sun Devils now have one under our interim head coach based on what we've seen the past couple of weeks..??

Yes, we still shoot ourselves, far too often, in the foot with penalties, etc, and our offensive line is only a slight notch above bad, as is our overall offense, and our defense is sometimes okay but never anything special, etc...

But, somehow, despite these obstacles, we managed to make a game of it for at least a half or more, when we couldn't stop the Trojans offense, that was guided by AA QB Caleb Williams, and had to fight the refs, as well as the Trojans, as much as anything else...

That all said, I think the team has responded pretty well to our new head coach who isn't putting up with any of the nonsense that Herm seemed to tolerate when he was our coach...

But, this doesn't mean, either, that we still aren't going to finish near the bottom of the PAC when it's all said and done...

It looks like we won't be badly over-matched in talent once we get past Washington this next weekend in SDS...

The Huskies also have a great, very accurate throwing QB, and probably also have a better defense than the Trojans, even though they gave up a lot of points in their lost to UCLA on Friday night in the Rose Bowl...

We'll get a bye following the Washington game, before going to Stanford and Colorado on back to back weekends, and we have enough talent to be on pretty even terms with those teams, it seems to me...

And, we won't be out-talented by a whole lot when we play UCLA and Oregon St at home or when we play Wazzu and AU on the road but, with a sputtering offense and pretty mediocre defense, the remainder of our schedule does not look very promising...

However, if we keep making a little progress, here and there, and stay relatively healthy, who knows...maybe we'll win a few of those games...

I'm very intrigued by Shaun Aguano for these reasons...:)

His Valley roots and significant connections to HS football in the area...;)

I think he could probably get a lot of Valley kids to come to ASU even if most of them were "our kind of guys"...

He's a Valley guy and probably would stay put at ASU for a long time...

He knows the score at ASU and could be had for a bargain compared to someone like...put in a name here...

He knows the score in the PAC that may or may not be in existence in the next couple of years...

He knows Ray and Crow and what they are all about and that neither is going anywhere, anytime soon...

I get a laugh when I hear Crow talk about "going all in" with the football program from now-on-out...

This is the same guy that hired Lisa Love and Ray and was all in with Larry Scott as PAC commissioner...

I get a bigger laugh when I hear Ray talk about the football program being in a better place now after Herm, than where it was before Herm arrived...

I get a huge laugh when it's rumored that ESPN may only pay enough to the PAC, for its sports media rights, to pay for Ray's yearly salary and not much more than that...

And, yet, we'll be "going all in" with what exactly..??

Another "new deal" based on what model this time..??

If we don't give the job permanently to CSA then it's onto leftovers since Crow has made it pretty clear that someone like Deion Sanders doesn't yet have enough head coaching experience...

Nope, we'll end up with another "mediocrity is our goal type head coach" and remain in the Valley of the Sleeping Giant, if I don't miss my guess...

But, in the meantime, our football team, at the very least, appears to have a pulse under our interim head coach these days, that is better than having a non-breathing, dead body of a team, right..??

And, that's a good thing...;)

G'day Mates and Go Devils!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News