ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Walkabout

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
Mornin Mates...

Today's Topic = Playing to Win with The Little Big Man

Wow, that was some performance by Trenton "Little Big Man" Bourguet and the Sun Devil offense yesterday...

Also, a very nice performance by our new "play to win" offensive coordinator and interim head coach - Shaun Aguano...

The LBM was 32 - 43 in passing for 435 yards and 3 TDs against one INT in our 42-34 win over the Buffs in Boulder...

We also discovered what Tight Ends can do in an offense if given a chance...;)

The only downside was the defense that let an anemic Buff offense move up and down the field at will and our special teams that almost found a way to lose the game at the end...

We just have to remember that these teams are still coached by holdovers from the Herm regime, who best know how to "play not to lose" football...

We also need to remember that our offensive line and defensive backfield are not all that good but adequate when coached properly...

We now stand at 3-5 and 2-3 in the PAC that is good for 10th place in the conference, only ahead of Wazzu and AU, who played toe to toe with the Trojans yesterday...

And we get those teams on the road after taking on third place UCLA next weekend in Tempe and the Bruins have a lot more talent than our Sun Devils...

I don't see us being favored in any of our remaining games and its too bad that our football brain trust didn't turn to the Little Big Man sooner, although we'd still have Herm as our coach if it had made a different QB decision earlier...

That's what happens when you make a deal with a portal player that guarantees them a starting QB position if they come to ASU...

Now we can turn our attention to what Crow is up to in the matters relating to our AD and a new head football coach, moving forward...

Will our president start "playing to win" like Aguano is finally doing or will he resort to the old "play not to lose" paradigm that has brought us this current football program crisis...

Stay tuned...:cool:

In other football related news Jackson State, that is coached by Prime Time Deion Sanders, beat Southern in the Boom-Box Classic yesterday 35-0...

The Tigers are now 8-0 in only Prime Time's third season at JSU...:)

It should be noted that ESPN Game Day was stationed at Jackson State yesterday and they all feel that Deion Sanders will be coaching a P-5 football program next year...

Prime Time doesn't serve up wine and cheese, along with crust-less Tea Sandwiches, so he probably wouldn't be a good cultural fit at ASU and the PAC...

Besides, with all the "ransom money" that the Sun Devils have had to pay Herm to go away and will also have to pay Ray to go away, there probably won't be enough money leftover to pay someone like Deion what he's worth, as the head coach of a P-5 football program...

That's one of the reasons why I think that Crow is watching what Aguano is doing intently these remaining days of this season...

It's nice to wake up in the Sun Devil nation after a win and it's easy to root for the Little Big Man who plays like a winner when given the chance...

It's doubtful, in my estimation, that there will be a happy ending to this story by the end of this season but the "LBM" is only a junior, so who knows what the future will bring...

But, as always, I'll keep rooting for my Sun Devils come hell or high water...:)

G'day Mates and Go Devils!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.