ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Walkabout

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
Mornin Mates...

Today's Topic = Half full or half empty ?

It's pretty hard to imagine that you can lose a baseball game after scoring 11 runs but with a pitching staff that is woefully inadequate (poor) that's what happens at ASU these days...

I've followed Sun Devil baseball since its glory days back in the 60s-70s-80s and even into the 90s and never seen anything like this before...

I know college baseball has expanded and the PAC is no longer one of the top dogs when it comes to college baseball but is this the best we can do..??

It's like we're throwing batting practice to teams like Stanford who is a good, ranked team but still...you can't win a game after scoring 11 runs..??

It's an embarrassment of the first order and something that Willie and his staff need to straighten out by next season...

Aside from that deficiency, the baseball team has made a lot of progress this season under Willie, in my estimation...

So, if you ask me, the Sun Devil baseball team does have a half-full glass of potential moving forward...

But, with the PAC tournament coming up, I don't see us doing much in it with this pitching staff, unfortunately...

That said, here's hoping our Sun Devils can salvage at least one game this weekend be beating Stanford today...

In other news this fine morning in May, our conference still does not have a media rights deal in place and there doesn't appear to be any sense of urgency regarding getting a deal formalized anytime soon...

There's no doubt that the Big-12 would like to have the four corner schools in their conference but, so far, the schools are remaining united about staying in the PAC...

Whether that will remain the case in the coming weeks and months is anyone's guess but one wonders what the big hold-up is, if the PAC is such a valued commodity by the media...

It's too bad that Larry Scott was running the PAC for as long as he did because he turned out to be an overpaid CEO who really didn't know what he was doing and, as a result, all remaining PAC teams are paying the price for that incompetence now...

As Jon Wilner points out in his Hotline Mailbag today..."essentially, Scott is the grift that keeps on taking"...

But, ultimately, he continues, "the fault lies with the university presidents who hired and enabled Scott for years on end (and) Arizona State's Michael Crow is atop that list, followed closely by UCLA's Gene Block and Oregon States (retired) Ed Ray"...

At least UCLA is going to be able to escape the PAC, while ASU is stuck with a president who still has Ray Anderson as his AD, despite all the trouble his decisions, over the years, have done to the Sun Devil athletic dept...

Talk about enabling BS, IMHO...:confused:

Well, here's hoping that our baseball team can salvage a little something by beating the Cardinal this afternoon...

So, how about you...do we have a half-full glass these days with our baseball program or not..??

G'day Mates and Go Devils!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News