ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Walkabout

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
Mornin Mates...

Today's Topic = Will we be watching more PAC type re-runs in Big 12 ?

Especially in our Big 3 sports at ASU..??

This will be Dilly's second year, following his first year, that was another disaster for us Sun Devil fans...

Nobody likes 3-9 seasons no matter the reasons for them...:(

Just like we don't like to have losing seasons in basketball, either...:confused:

Or not making the postseason in baseball, either...:confused:

Those make for a lot of sad Sun Devil faces, don't they..??

At least it looks like our baseball team might avoid a losing season this year, thanks to some late season success, but it won't be enough to play in the post-season, apparently, unless ASU wins the upcoming PAC tournament...

Meanwhile, down here in So Arizona the Cats are still first in the PAC baseball standings and will be favored to compete for both a football and basketball championship in the Big 12...

There is something very wrong with that picture from my point of view as a die-hard Sun Devil fan...:cool:

And, I sure as heck don't want to be watching more mediocre re-runs in football, basketball and baseball again this next year in the Big-12, but what will change that dynamic, if anything, in our future..??

Dilly has upgraded our football roster everywhere but the all important QB position, it looks like to me...

While Colorado has Shadeur Sanders returning at QB and the Utes have Cam Rising returning at their QB and the Cats have Noah Fifita returning as their QB...

And, Kansas has their QB returning, as does a couple of other Big 12 teams...

So, maybe a betting over-under of 4.5 isn't too far off the mark, if you ask me...

Then you have Bobby's basketball team that has put together a highly rated new roster that will be televised as a soap opera this next season by some streaming service, I guess...

And, in baseball, Willie went with a bunch of freshmen pitchers this year in the hopes of not having to rely on the transfer portal to upgrade his bullpen in the coming years...

Last year, I thought, with 8 home games, our football team, with a new coach, who was considered an offensive genius, could win more than enough games to become bowl eligible that turned out to be a pipe dream for all sorts of unforeseen reasons at the time...

In basketball, I didn't have high expectations but I didn't think we would stink up the place the way we did in Bobby's ninth year at ASU...

And, in baseball, it looks like we might end up about where the preseason pundits put us, which was somewhere in the middle of the PAC...

So, the big question for me and you today is whether we will be watching more lousy re-runs in our Big 3 sports in a new conference or not..??

And, If not, why..??

Do we have enough talent on our football roster to become bowl eligible if we find a QB that can be above average moving forward..??

And, what is going to change with our basketball program to make it an above average, March Madness qualified team this next season since Bobby is still our coach..??

And, finally, will Willie's pitching strategy help us get to become a much better baseball team next year, one that makes the post-season..??

Fingers crossed that our Sun Devils can sweep the Cardinal today which would make for a winning season this year that looked like a long shot not too long ago...

So, once again, are we going to be watching a lot of very boring re-runs in our Big 3 sports moving forward in the Big 12..??

I sure hope not...:cool:

Happy Mother's Day to all those wonderful Sun Devil mothers out there...:)

G'day Mates and Go Devils!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News