ADVERTISEMENT

Talked with Pollard, Murphy, Harry and Lucas at the game

Ralph Amsden

May 1, 2013
I talked with CJ Pollard, Byron Murphy, Chase Lucas and N'Keal Harry at the game.

Pollard spent time with Armand Perry during warm-ups. Seeing him with recruits in the pregame has been a common occurence. From all the kids in Nevada that I've talked with like Greg Johnson and Keenen King, Armand has a big brother reputation, and is looked up to be a lot of players in the southwest.

I talked with Pollard about his trip. I've seen him in camps and 7 on 7's in three different states, but we've never crossed paths in Arizona before. He was a big fan of the black and gold uniform combo, which was interesting because he committed to Sark, who made comments at P12 media day that poked fun at schools who switch uniforms up.

Pollard was on the field with N'Keal, Byron and Chase after the game, and Chase was in his ear. I think those two may have met at the Opening. Chase and N'Keal talked to me about how crazy the contrast was between the first and second half. It had to be strange for them to be on the field with the two schools that were ultimately their finalists- and I actually talked with Byron about the teams having the same color scheme as Queen Creek and Saguaro, who played the night before- and saw Saguaro secure turnovers on four consecutive drives in the same way ASU did to Washington. I asked him if he could picture himself playing for Queen Creek and he thought that was pretty funny. He confirmed that he'd be back at ASU next week for the U of A game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News