ADVERTISEMENT

Theme of the week: Anything going on?

Snake River Devil

Gold Member
Sep 1, 2024
I don't see many intriguing games this weekend. Typically, I look at a few matchups that will tell us just how good a team is. This week it seems like the matchups will tell us how bad the loser is. Barring any App St upsetting Michigan moments.

I'm not all that excited about ASU v Kansas. We either beat a 1-5 Kansas team or lose at home to a 2-4 Kansas team. And it's Kansas Football. For as much as I wanted a Big 12 invite, nothing is without cost and this game seems boring to me. My apologies to any Jayhawk lurkers.

Clemson v Florida State was probably the schedulers gift, but with the Seminoles being 1-4 it's difficult to be excited.

Cal hosts Game Day for the first time ever as they host #8 ranked Miami. The Golden Bears last game had them travel 2,200 miles to play Florida State. Today Miami will travel 2,600 miles to play at Cal. For the same distance, the Hurricanes could travel to Lima, Peru. As far as I can tell, I'd be as interested in seeing Miami play Peru as I am to see them play Cal. At least a Miami v Peru game has the potential for a 30 for 30 sequel of the Catholics v Convicts. This Cal game will be forgotten if it is even seen because of the 10:30 pm kickoff time. They could have had a 4:30 pm kick off time, partly cloudy in the 80s but why should I expect the people sending Miami further than Peru for a conference game to care about a kickoff time? It's absurd.

May be an image of map and text that says 'NEVADA NEBRASKA I0WA UTAH Chicago ILLINOIS -San Francisco CALIFORNIA oLas Vegas COLORADO States KANSAS DHIO INDIANA PENN aй Las Angeles Diego MISSOURI New York ARIZONA NEW ΜΕЖΙ Washingion VIREINIA KENTUCKY H TENNESSEE ARKANSAS MIŞSISSIPPI Dallas ALABAMA GEORGIA AROLINA CAROLINA Houston LODISIANA Monterrey Mexico North Atlantic Ocean ORIDA Miami Airport International Miami •Guadalájara Mexico City Havana Cuba Guatemala Puerto Rico ibbean Eea Nicaragua Costa Panama Caracas hr 35 min From om$43 Cali Colombia French Guyana Suriname Ecuador Manaus AMAZONAS eru STATEDFPARA PARA MARANHAU STATEOF Lima Brazil STATE RONDONIA CEARA STATEOF STATEO GROSSO LaPaz® Bolivia ALAGOAS SERCIPE Goiániao STATEOF'

May be an image of map and text

Houston likely eliminated TCU from the playoffs Friday night.
Syracuse dealt a blow to the Mt West. They probably now need either Boise St or UNLV to win out or risk being over taken by Cinderella James Madison.
West Virginia v Ok St is an elimination game
Would Napier survive half time if little brother UCF is holding a 15+ point lead?
The game of the week might be UofA hosting Texas Tech and I have no desire to watch either of them.

Will you guys be tuning in to football? Or watching Bryce Harper and Ohtani lead their teams?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.