ADVERTISEMENT

Thrilled about the Crump commitment

lived1

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2007
He's a stud that could be moved around. As a 2 for 2 it would appear that he will have to get after it at the training table from Jan-July to see much time at Devil.

That said, I can see a scenario where JCs Crump, Subtyl and Hill do not crack the 2-deep next year. Devil could be IMR/Wallace/Wilson(although it appears as though he is leaning towards offense). DE could be Wicker(although he could move inside)/Bates/Boateng. Even if Wicker moves inside it would appear that Bates/Boateng will get reps. Will could be Calhoun/Mendoza/Thomas(although Thomas and/or Calhoun could be inside). Spur could be Moek/Johnson/Ball.

I do not see any scenario where another JC CB would not be in the 2 deep. Right now potential CBs for next year are Rhodes (a shoe-in to be in the 2-deep if they don't put him at FS), Perry (probably start at FS), Orr (from my view he is way to slow, does not have good change of direction, not quick twitch enough and should be kept at S), Norman (a possible addition in January after suffering back to back knee inures and needing at least a year to bulk up anyway, he seems highly unlikely to contribute next year), Lucas (a true frosh who has nearly zero game experience at the position) & Robinson (a true frosh who stand 5'9" at best and at that height he would need to be a standout athlete that was not apparent when watching him in a game on ESPN). I put Gump in the category with Lewis...not gonna see PT). Perhaps Whiley gets a shot but he is more of a spur/bandit to me. Also I see Adams as a lesser version of Orr....keep him at S.

Would like to see another JC CB ASAP! (The odds of 1, let alone 2 JCs starting are slim but I would sure like to see the odds narrowed and I don't see ay way that both wouldn't be in the 2 deep)

Last edited:
Reactions: abbyjack1943
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News