ADVERTISEMENT

Weekend Walkabout

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
Good Afternoon Mates...

Weekend Topic = How will Dilly handle Big-12 media this week ?

We already know how the Big-12 media sees the Devils this next football season...

Can you say...trash bin type team...:(

Picked dead last among a conference that no longer has either Texas or Oklahoma...

Not only that but Cincy was only 1-8 last year, in the conference, while Houston, Baylor and BYU were only 2-7, and both TCU and UCF were only 3-6...

Granted we miss Houston, Baylor and TCU this season but don't have to play against Caleb Williams or Michael Penix this year or Texas and Oklahoma, for that matter...

So, is Dilly going to be waving a "white flag" at the conference meetings or what..??

The Devils didn't even put any players on the preseason all-conference team and not many ASU players are mentioned by Athlon, Lindy's or Phil Steele as possible all-conference types entering the season...

So, is Dilly going to be an apologist who shrugs his shoulders and just accepts the disrespect that the media throws his way or what exactly..??

I'm sure that he will try to be diplomatic, since he won't have to worry about being humble, given the Devils situation entering the season, right..??

The media also picked the Utes to win the conference but my money is on the Oklahoma St Cowboys since they average about nine wins a season under Mike Gundy and played for the conference championship last year plus they have 10 starters returning on offense (including their QB) and nine on defense...

Their schedule isn't daunting, either, which sets up well for another 9-10 win season, if you ask me...;)

We probably won't beat the Cowboys on the road next November but we're playing at least six teams or so, by my count, that probably do not have more talent than we do, from what I can tell, and we get teams that have more talent, on paper, than we do, like Utah and Kansas, at home...

So, I'm with Hod, who picked the Devils 10th on his preseason ballot, and I'll be disappointed if we end up in the bottom quarter of the league standings, like the preseason media is picking us now...

I think we have as much or more talent than Wyoming, Miss St, Texas St, Cincy, UCF, and BYU and also aren't that far away from a couple of other teams in the Big-12, as well...

But, we also aren't that far ahead of any of those teams in terms of talent, either...:cool:

So, it's going to be up to our coaches to make sure that we don't have game meltdowns this season that result in losses that should have been wins...

In any event, I'm looking forward to see how Dilly and his players handle their Big-12 media days, starting Tuesday, in Las Vegas...

G'day Mates and Go Devils!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.