ADVERTISEMENT

When can we just embrace him as our own???

DevilSince85

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2017
When Herm was asked about 5'7" RB Isaiah Floyd he had this to say

"There's always this thing in life, you know, when you're not the biggest guy you always got to feel like you've got to prove yourself. So, he's always trying to prove himself and I said, I told him

"you don't have to prove yourself to me. That needs to stop. You are one of our guys and you are here for a reason. You are a good football player."

and I'm glad he's aboard"

I was so glad to hear Herm tell our RB that.

Well, I think the time is eternally past due to give Manny the same message from this fan and hopefully others.

Manny, you have more than proven yourself as a Sun Devil. Losing your dad at a young age, moving from place to place, state to state. You do nothing but grind.

Statistics say you weren't supposed to get to college. But, you are our QB.

Perkins was the phenom but you beat him out. You are our QB

White was the highest rated QB recruit at ASU I think I've heard. But, you beat him out. You are our QB.

Barnett transferred in from Alabama. I know I handed him the offense sight unseen. But, you beat him out. You are our QB.

Gerhart had the genes and the moxy. But, you beat him out. You are our QB.

We've seen coordinators, QB coaches, offenses, OL coaches, and HC's and even a stadium come and go since you've been in Tempe. But, you are still here and you are our QB.

You weren't supposed to beat Utah or Washington or Michigan State. But, you did, with help of course. But, you were our QB.

You always practice. You train. You lead. You learn.

I'm sure you have heard fans critique your game. They will continue to do it. But, when you hear the criticism coming from your own maroon and gold fans, I want you to know that there are many more of us who not only accept you as one of our own but embrace you.

I'm glad you are aboard.

Go Devils

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News