ADVERTISEMENT

ASU "Behind the Scenes" type show starring Bobby Hurley and his Sun Devil BB team

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
I could be wrong about all this, but from what I've been able to gather, I think this is what all the hub-bub is about when using Bobby's Name, Image, Likeness to promote his Sun Devil basketball team that's been in the news recently...

Would you or anyone else watch a series that features a "behind the scenes" (ala HBO Hard Knocks type series) look at a major basketball program that is coached by an iconic man, given the name and family stature, (in the business of basketball), that is on the "brink" (salvation or termination) while entering the Big 12 basketball conference..??

I, for one, would be watching it, especially as a longtime Sun Devil fan...:cool:

My related NIL question would be this...is this a way to get his players paid for starring/appearing in this docu-series, since it would involve their NIL as participants in the show..??

Or would they be doing commercials during breaks that would get them paid or would it be both or something like that..??

On a somewhat related matter, there is a home heating and cooling commercial down here that stars former AU center - Oumar Ballo - that plays up the idea of his knowing about transferring, which I suppose is meant to ask the audience to consider transferring to this particular heating and cooling company, since Ballo is recommending it...

I don't know how much Ballo is making at AU using his Cats NIL identity but it's rumored that he will get $1.2M from Indiana when he transfers there for next season...

But, he has an extensive resume to back up that sort of NIL pay-for-play deal, I would think...:cool:

So, if I'm not too far off-base with my speculations regarding a proposed Bobby Hurley "Hard Knocks" type show, would that get you excited, especially if it helps pay some of the NIL type deals for some or all of his players..??

If true, it works for me...Go Bobby and Go Devils!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News