ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 Bowl Games

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
Once you take both Texas and Oklahoma, who are headed to the SEC next season, the rest of the Big 12 has seven teams in bowl games...

Texas Tech
plays Cal in the Independence Bowl in Shreveport on Monday, Dec 18 (ASU plays on road next year)

UCF
plays Duke in the Gasparilla Bowl on Friday, Dec 22 in Tampa (its a pirate festival) (home game for Devils next year)

Kansas
plays UNLV in the Guaranteed Rate Bowl in Phoenix on Tuesday, Dec 26 (home game for Devils next year)

West Virginia
plays North Carolina in the Duke's Mayo Bowl on Wed, Dec 27 (Devils miss)

Oklahoma St
plays TAMU in the Texas Bowl on Wed, Dec 27 in Houston (road game next year)

K-State
plays NC State in the Pop-Tarts Bowl on Thursday, Dec 28, in Orlando (road game)

Iowa St
plays Memphis in the Liberty Bowl on Friday, Dec 29, in Memphis (Devils miss)

BYU (home), TCU (miss), Houston (miss), Baylor (miss) and Cincinnati (road) did not qualify for a bowl game...

So, next season the Devils miss three of the teams that didn't qualify for a bowl game and also get Utah at home and AU on the road...

I'm wondering where our Sun Devils will fit in all this Big 12 related business as we played Cal and Oklahoma St this past season and lost to both although some think we should have beaten both...

In other related bowls, Utah plays Northwestern in the Las Vegas bowl and AU plays Oklahoma in the Alamo Bowl in San Antonio...

I've included Utah and AU as I think that with Cam Rising back the Utes will be a top team in the Big 12, along with AU that has most of its impact players returning...

I'll be looking forward to see how the Cats do against the Sooners in their bowl game...

Obviously, our Sun Devils, under Dilly, are going to have to really step it up if they want to regain "competitive traction" next year as new members of the Big 12...

So, in your estimation, what would "competitive traction" look like for our Sun Devils in the Big 12 next season..??

Would winning enough to be bowl eligible next year be realistic, given all the obstacles Dilly still faces at ASU..??

It certainly looks like a very tall order to me but how about you..??

Go Dilly and Go Devils!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News