Staff
Feb 23, 2015
Quarterback (4 scholarship players)

Current scholarship players (in order of 2024 eligibility):

Senior Trenton Bourguet

Junior Jacob Conover

Redshirt freshman Jaden Rashada

Redshirt freshman Sam Leavitt

Position snapshot: ASU is done adding quarterbacks. I don’t expect any attrition to take place Conover is the only one I can think of, and that’s not a guarantee), but if it does, then yes, they will be forced to add another signal-caller, although I wouldn’t expect that to happen before the spring. All in all, ASU is staying put here.

Running back (7 scholarship players)

Senior DeCarlos Brooks

Senior Cameron Skattebo

Senior George Hart III

Junior Tevin White

Sophomore Raleek Brown

Sophomore Kyson Brown

Freshman Jason Brown

Position snapshot: ASU is more than likely staying put in this position and not seeking additions here, having seven scholarship players. Much like quarterback, only a post-spring attrition could perhaps have them get into the transfer market to see a replacement.

Wide Receiver (9 scholarship players)

Senior Elijhah Badger

Senior Xavier Guillory

Senior Melquan Stovall

Senior Jake Smith

Senior Troy Omeire

Sophomore Jordan Tyson

Redshirt freshman Kaleb Black

Redshirt freshman Korbin Hendrix

Freshman Zechariah Sample

Position snapshot: This position is one where I don’t expect to see much movement in terms of players departing and/or portal additions, and having 9 scholarship players is an ideal number. Said for weeks that I fully expect Elijah Badger to remain at ASU, making this a stacked room with a lot of talent that does not need any further additions and one that I fully expect to play at a much higher level now that ASU will have Jordan Tyson and Jake Smith for a whole year.

As a reminder, Cullen Charles, who is part of the 2024 class, didn’t sign a Letter of Intent since he may only arrive in 2025, basically being the old-school greyshirt that we rarely see these days.

Offensive Line (15 scholarship players)

Current players (in order of 2024 eligibility):

Senior Emmit Bohle

Senior Ben Coleman

Senior Leif Fautanu

Senior Cade Briggs

Senior Max Iheanachor

Junior Kyle Scott

Junior Shancco Matautia

Junior Bram Walden

Sophomore Sean Na’a

Sophomore Josh Atkins

Redshirt freshman Joey Su’a

Redshirt freshman Sirri Kandiyeli

Freshman Semisi Tonga

Freshman Champ Westbrooks

Freshman Terrell Kim

*Freshman Filiva’a Saluni will be on campus in 2026 after serving an LDS Church mission.

Position snapshot: The ideal number here is 15 scholarship players, and ASU has met that number. If a can’t-miss left tackle presents itself when the April portal window opens, I can definitely see ASU making a move. And attrition taking place at this role isn’t at this role out of the question.

Tight Ends (4 scholarship players)

Current players (in order of 2024 eligibility):

Senior Bryce Pierre

Junior Markeston Douglas

Sophomore Cameron Harpole

Freshman Jayden Fortier

Position snapshot: Adding Douglas and Harpole from the portal was big for ASU. But since Fortier tore his ACL in the state championship, not only will he not be ready for spring practice, but practicing fully in fall camp is not a given. ASU, being in the market for a spring portal addition, is all but a guarantee.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News