ADVERTISEMENT

On Ty Thompson

Hod Rabino

Staff
Feb 23, 2015
Talked to a few folks this afternoon about the possibility of the Oregon QB coming home to ASU if and when he entered the portal (as of the moment of me writing this he is not in the portal) but the fact that Oklahoma quarterback Dillon Gabriel committed to Oregon is obviously not a move that would entice Thompson to stay in Eugene.

As we know, Thompson prepped locally at Gilbert Mesquite and obviously was coached by Kenny Dillingham at Oregon in 2022. I'm not saying these two factors make ASU the favorite to land him but the Sun Devils are definitely a school that is going to be in the mix.

Reportedly the NIL amount should not be a showstopper to land Thompson. But needless to say, the bigger issue here is if you do land Thompson who has two more years of eligibility left are you basically resigning to the fact that this will (likely) prompt Jaden Rashada to leave? And does Dillingham want to roll the dice doing this move?

I'm not implying that Dillingham has lost confidence in rashada but he also knows that Thompson even though he doesn't have tons of playing experience since arriving at Oregon, is overall a more seasoned quarterback.

Once Thompson enters the portal, we can see if Arizona State is a school that he visits in short order or not. But like I said, there's a lot to consider here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News