ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Suns/Dragic...

cudevil

Dec 19, 2003
Good lord, what a clustereff...

Suns: How could they so badly misread the situation? Seems pretty clear that they took re-signing Dragic for granted. Major mistake.

Dragic: Jesus...grow up. Broken trust? Lied to you? Give me a break. Was Thomas a bit of overkill? Sure. But they were trying to reduce both Dragic's and Bled's minutes instead of running both into the ground. If Dragic is serious about either of the Knicks or Lakers, then he's looking to raise his "brand name" not making a basketball decision. Neither of those teams will be a serious contender in the next 4 years, and each would require him to play second fiddle to ball dominant scorers already out of or about to leave their prime. Smart decision there.

I'd like Dragic to remain on the team, but the fact is, he's not playing that well this year, regardless of what his per minute numbers might say. I can't recall too many times where he's made game changing plays. Bledsoe and IT have made plenty of them. The "standing in the corner" complaint is a bit of a cop out to me. He gets to handle the ball plenty.

Suns are now in a tough spot. Dragic's trade value is not particularly high because he's on a reasonable contract and is about to walk. The Bird rights help, because no matter what he says now, Dragic will have a difficult time turning down an extra $20 to $25 million.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News