ADVERTISEMENT

Some thoughts about the athletic program and ASU football

sean222

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2002
1. Can someone tell me why we didn't enclose the football stadium when we did the renovations? With the move to the Big 12 it would have been really nice to play afternoon football. When you are recruiting in the Texas, games that start in afternoon are better than 9:30pm kickoffs. Was this ever feasible? With TV you want to play when there are eyes on the game. Huge opportunity missed.

2. The athletic department has been asleep at the wheel. There is no innovative thinking. And they way they handled the Herm Edwards debacle was and is horrendous. Not sure why Ray Andersen is still around.

3. Way too early to throw Dillingham under the bus but that is so ASU. The Baldwin hire was a head scratcher but I assume Kenny knows offense. I always like OC's with backgrounds as offensive line coaches. Matt Ruhle's first year at Baylor was 1-11. This is year is a loss cause. I saw last night that Jay Norvell brought in 12 offensive linemen to CSU. They pushed CU around last night. I would try to have a small NIL for all linemen and over recruit the position. The program is a mess right now. I don't think anybody outside of Deion could do that much better and we were never a great fit for him.

4. I am really glad ASU announced a bowl ban when they did. Aren't you? Should have done it last year and maybe a two year ban. Hope the transgressions from the previous staff are in the rear view mirror soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News