ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Walkabout

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
Mornin Mates...

Today's Topic = Over-Under

One of my goals this new year is to try and be more positive about Sun Devil athletics but it is going to be a real tough challenge...

As a result, I will not be saying anything about our men's BB program under Bobby Hurley...

I didn't see any way we could be worse this season than last but we've, somehow, managed to do just that...

At least in football, this past week, we got a quality RB transfer from Wyoming and a DB coach from Missouri, who it seems actually wanted to coach at ASU these days...

And, we are only a few weeks away from baseball season that I hope will be a reason to smile under Willie...

Not that I'm expecting miracles but I am expecting a fundamentally sound team that won't be beating itself in games like it did under our last coach...

I spent this past week looking at the schedules of the PAC teams we will be playing this next football season and trying to figure out what the "over-under" is for each team in terms of wins vs losses...

And this is what I came up with...

Utah - 9 wins, give or take a game or two in either direction...Cam Rising is returning and so is Whittingham and I've learned never to sell the Utes short...at least we get the Utes at home this year...

UCLA - 7 games, give or take a game or two...QB is returning along with very good RB and Chip is also returning...Bruins have five PAC home games but play ASU on the road...

USC - 8 games, there is no way the Trojans are only going to win 4 games under new coach Lincoln Riley but 8 games may be a bit of a stretch but we'll see...Devils play at USC...

Colorado - 5 games at best...Buffs not very good but have five PAC home games...we play them in Boulder...

Arizona - 3-4 games appears about right to me...Cats will be improved and win more than one game but schedule is tough...

Stanford - 5-6 games seems right to me...tough schedule but Cardinal gets ASU at home this year...

Washington - 7-8 games seems about right to me...has favorable schedule including four straight home games to start season with their new head coach...ASU gets Huskies at home...

Wazzu - 5-6 games appears about right to me...will be very hard pressed to win 7 games again this season...gets ASU at home in November...

Oregon St - 5-6 games appears about right to me...Beavers in same boat as Wazzu...will be hard pressed to win 7 games, once again...home game for Devils (finally)

ASU - 6 games appears about right to me given all of the uncertainty surrounding the team...not going to challenge for much of anything unless JD finds a way to match his passing game to his running game...

Just about all of the teams that we will face this season will be better except for, perhaps, Wazzu and Oregon St, plus we only have four PAC home games this year...

I look forward to your feedback, as always...

G'day Mates and Go Devils!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News