ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Walkabout

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
Mornin Mates...

Today's Topic = Acceptance

There are a number of stages to the grief process that include these stages that don't necessarily fall in any established order...

Denial/Shock

Anger/Pain

Sadness/Depression

Processing Reality

Acceptance of Reality

Moving On

I'm certainly out of the Denial Stage since what's happening stems from things that were done years ago and that we are now paying a hefty price for...

The same goes for the Anger/Pain Stage even though there is still plenty of anger, with associated pain, related to our current situation...

The Sadness and Depression Stage related to our present situation will linger for a long time, unfortunately...

We've all been Processing our Situation/Reality on individual terms, ever since the Herm train derailed and there were mass casualties as a result, especially as it related to our future football endeavors...

And, for me at least, I've Accepted these things on my way to Moving On with my life as a long term Sun Devil fan...

These are the things that I've accepted...

Our current talent level is no better than that found in G-5 conferences that include the American Athletic Conference, Conference USA, Mid-American Conference, Mtn West Conference and the Sun Belt Conference...

That our young head coach is a "greenhorn" in every sense of the word and may well be in over his head at a P-5 conference level...

That our athletic dept leadership is mediocre at best and may be worse than that even though we are paying a lot of money to our AD...

That our president really doesn't care about our revenue generating sports all that much and would rather do more important things for his new age university vision...

That there are no easy answers to our current state of affairs as things now stand...

Talent Is Destiny and we don't have much talent on our football roster right now...

And, despite what the Football Scoop just wrote about our coaching staff, our staff is not good enough to overcome this sort of talent deficit...

As a result of all this BS, we may only win one game this season, with not much hope of extricating ourselves out of this huge hole anytime soon...

If you can, please tell me where I'm wrong about any of this analysis...;)

On another note, ESPN Game Day will be in Boulder, CO next Saturday to pay tribute to Prime Time and his Buffaloes before they face Colorado St...

That's the story of this college football season right now...Prime Time and his ability to rise, it seems, to any occasion...

We get Fresno St next weekend and the Bulldogs just barely beat E Washington yesterday 34-31 but they beat Purdue on the road the week before...

Will our G-5 talent level be enough to win that game against a very good coach in Jeff Tedford..??

Tedford isn't any greenhorn, either...:cool:

Well, that's enough from me this morning in G-5 football land and I hope my discussion about the grieving process helps you all in some way...

Remember, time heals all wounds (that and some great recruiting)...:)

G'day Mates and Go Devils!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News