ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Walkabout

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
Mornin Mates...

Today's Topic = Mid-Season Housecleaning

Well, we're at the midway point of our season and I don't think anyone here is looking forward to the rest of the season or am I mistaken..??

We might have one winnable type game, in our next six games, that would be Wazzu that visits us in two weeks...

They got spanked by the vastly improving Cats yesterday in Pullman but the rest of our schedule looks daunting to say the least...

Even if the Huskies have any sort of hangover from their game against the Ducks yesterday, they still have Tier-One P-5 talent while we might only have Tier-Three talent by comparison, IMHO...

That gives them a significant "margin for error" in their game against us next Saturday night in Seattle...

Related to the Huskies-Duck game, I think we all saw where Dilly gets his gambling tendencies from, don't we..??

I'm still a "take the points" guy and punt when the game calls for it, as opposed to wanting to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, because some computer algorithms tell you to do so...

The last I knew the game is still played by humans and not computers, but that's just me...;)

Now we are looking at playing the top teams in the PAC, aside from Wazzu, although they we ranked just a short time ago...

The Trojans are no longer a playoff contender, in my estimation, since they stunk up the place in South Bend against the Fighting Irish last night...

They host Utah next week that is a big time QB away from contending, once again, for PAC honors, it would appear...

However, the Utes defense will keep them in the game but will it be enough to overcome Caleb Williams following his exit from the Heisman hunt this season after his awful game vs ND...

And, will the Ducks be able to rebound against the really slumping Palouse Cougars from Wazzu...

Plus, will the Cats momentum be able to overcome the Beavers in Tucson...:cool:

Speaking of the Cats and their seeming vast improvement in Fisch's third season at AU...

Would it be fair to compare the Devils plight these days to that of the Cats and expect a rally, in our new conference, that might mirror what is going on in Cat land nowadays..??

Fisch took over a dumpster fire from Kevin Sumlin and only won one game in his first season at AU but the Cats now seem to have turned the corner under his direction in only his third year on the job...

However, he seems to have a reliable OC and his coaching staff, to date, has done a pretty good job of recruiting based on his results so far...

So, will it take Dilly and his staff an additional couple of years to turn our Sun Devil program around..??

I mean if the Cats can do it shouldn't we be able to do it in a couple of years, too..??

Fisch has gone from 1-11, to 5-7, to now 4-3 in his third season, with home games remaining against OSU, UCLA and Utah and road games at Colorado and ASU...

Of course, the Cats haven't had to deal with an NCAA investigation and don't have a Tier-3 AD who is collecting a Tier-1 AD salary, running their athletic dept, IMHO...

Thankfully, at this point, we have a Hockey program that is making progress in gaining national attention and making its fans happy while doing so...

Returning to football, I'm pleased that we will have a lot of players back for the Washington game but we still only have Tier-Three talent compared to their Tier-One talent, IMHO, so I won't be holding my breath for any sort of miracle win next Saturday night in Seattle...

G'day Mates and Go Devils!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News