ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Walkabout

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
Mornin Mates...

Today's Topic = Looking Ahead To 2024

What has you most intrigued and excited about Sun Devil athletics this next year..??

The hiring of a new AD..??

Our move to the Big-12..??

Football moving to a 12 team playoff arrangement..??

Finally receiving a Notice of Allegations from the NCAA..??

Finally receiving sanctions related to the NOA..??

Spring football, especially as it relates to the all important QB position..??

Winning more than three football games next season..??

Our baseball team winning enough to make the playoffs this year..??

Our women's BB team winning more than one PAC game..??

Winning an eighth straight women's national triathlon championship..??

This has been a dreadful bowl season that will, undoubtedly, improve when the 12 team playoff arrangement is in place next year...

When I was a kid growing up, there were four major bowl games that included the Rose Bowl, Cotton Bowl, Sugar Bowl and Orange Bowl but not anymore...

I give the Fiesta Bowl credit for becoming a major bowl game but wonder about this year's match-up between Oregon and Liberty...

But, they have become a player in the meaningful bowl play-off derby that exists today...

It's going on 25+ years since we last went to a major bowl and I wonder if it is now nearly impossible for us to reach the playoffs, moving forward, since we don't seem to have the wherewithal to get it done under president Crow, IMHO...

However, ASU hockey may actually become an annual playoff contender under Greg Powers, which is something we can all appreciate and take pleasure in, right..??

Men's BB apparently isn't going anywhere after nine seasons of Bobby ball and it's not going to get any easier when we transition to the Big 12 is it..??

But, at least, we are winning national championships in ladies triathlon where our women have won seven straight national championships in that event...

So, there is that with which to hang our competitive athletic hats on moving forward...:cool:

Okay, where do you all stand with looking forward to Sun Devil athletics in 2024 off the list I've provided above..??

And, have I missed anything..??

I haven't watched any bowl games yet (only highlights) but will watch Bama play Michigan in the Rose Bowl and Wash play Texas in the Sugar Bowl...

I like Bama to beat Michigan and Texas to beat Wash, with Bama winning another national championship when it's all said and done...

Sure hope and trust that Dilly and his staff will continue to fill some key roster spots in the coming weeks and months...

Happy New Year to all Sun Devil fans everywhere...:)

G'day Mates and Go Devils!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News