ADVERTISEMENT

2021 ASU Football Uniform Assumptions Based on Schedule Release

sundevilcole7

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2015
The 2021 ASU Football schedule is out. As far as uniforms are concerned, here’s what we know and ASSUMPTIONS we can make uniform wise for this year’s regular season schedule. Full disclosure, it’s not much. Assuming all games are played, there are 7 at home and 5 away. First, there is no expectation for there to be any new revelations of maroon & black helmets coming back. Prepare for another year with white and gold helmets with a variety of facemasks and decals. I’d love to be wrong on this. One can dream. Let’s look at away games first:

AWAY GAMES
9/18 @ BYU
10/2 @ UCLA
10/16 @ Utah
11/13 @ UW
11/20 @ Or. St.
Let’s break this down...

Even with only 5 games, the road schedule is a tough one. A few marquee games (BYU, UCLA, Utah) standout for a chance to flash some creativity. What we can assume is that we will see an all white combo, and a traditional gold helmet/white jersey/maroon pant combo. I would expect for something fun to happen when ASU travels to BYU for a big non-conference game. Sort of like what they did at Michigan State in 2019. The traditional away combos have historically taken place in November, so look for it at UW or Oregon State. All white at UCLA is likely.

HOME GAMES
9/2 Southern Utah (Thurs)
9/11 UNLV
9/25 Colorado
10/8 Stanford (Friday)
10/30 Washington State
11/6 USC 11/27 them

Alright, let’s talk about the home slate.
What we “know”: Traditional colors will be worn game 1 against S. Utah & Sparky will be worn for the rivalry game. What we assume: Spots will be reserved for Blackout & Maroon Monsoon games despite not having those helmets. That leaves 3 games for the Sun Devil Equipment staff to flex. Which games will those be? Well, ASU gets Stanford on a Friday. Always a chance to put an attention grabber out there on national tv. USC is on 11/6 which is the only chance for a Military Appreciation game. Maybe at PT*42 inspired look for that game? The UNLV game falls on the 20th anniversary of 9/11. I’m not sure a special uniform would be worn for such a solemn day, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see a special decal on the back of the helmet or a shoulder patch throughout college football. The Washington State game is the day before Halloween. We haven't really ever seen ASU make an effort to do anything around Halloween, but who knows. Maybe they'll bust out something unexpected.

That’s about all I got right off the bat as I look over this 2021 schedule. Some fun uniform fodder 6 months out! What do you think? Drop a line! And let’s hope for a full season!

Reactions: West Valley Devil
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News