ADVERTISEMENT

A few 2022 prospects I like

Ralph Amsden

May 1, 2013
QB:

Brayten Silbor, Chaparral

Spins the ball like Rudy Carpenter. Lets his receivers make plays. Accurate. Gamer.

Logan Hubler, ALA- Queen Creek

I watched him make some absolutely ridiculous throws. He's skinny, but his accuracy on the run is really eye-opening stuff.

Angel Flores, Casa Grande

Fantastic rainbow deep ball. Muscular, tough runner. Decisive when he decides to bail out of the pocket. Intermediate routes need work but are improving.

RB:

Jeremiah Moore, Chandler

They bring him in with the third unit and he looks like an absolute god with the ball in his hands. Would like to see him get primetime carries to make a better eval.

WR/ATH:

Javen Jacobs, Saguaro

Size may keep him a group of 5 guy, but he's got very good lateral agility and quickness. Special Teams weapon at the next level. Probably an impact slot guy.

OL:

Nothing for you here just yet

DL/LB:

The 2022 Front-7 Class is one of the deepest recruiting crops Arizona has ever produced. Only one elite guy (so far), but a ton of 3-star guys. I'm big on:

DT Anthony Lucas (Chaparral)- 6-5, 270. If he's not the best player in the country at his position I'd be shocked.

LB Andrew Morris (Mesquite)- super athlete/playmaker.

DL Malaki Ta'ase (Mountain View)- basically unblockable this year. Currently 6-2, 240.

DE- Russell Davis II (Hamilton)- son of the former Cardinal. Had his way with Saguaro's offensive line for 4 quarters on ESPN last week.

DE- Isaiah Williams (Marcos de Niza)- Maybe the most intriguing of the bunch. Playing very well right now. Only 6-0, but watch his highlights and tell me you don't get major level run-stuffer vibes.

DT- Marcus Hubbard (North Canyon)- He's been 6-4, 270 for like two years already. I like him, just not sure which side of the line he projects to.

DL- Jaelin McCullen (Valley Vista)- 6-4, 255. Raw. All the tools are here to build a heck of an interior passrusher.

OLB/DE Shakaun Bowser (Casteel)- Prototypical outside rush guy. 6-4, 225. Havoc maker.

DB:

Haven't seen a ton of 2022 DBs that I love just yet. I sort of think Notre Dame's Gavin Smith is as intruiging at free safety as he is at WR. One player I'm very high on is Amari Rogers out of Poston Butte in San Tan Valley. He moved out here from Chicago, and he's fast, physical, and plays the ball very well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News