ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Grant fired...similar track record to Sendek

jhleary

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Anthony Grant fired from Alabama after an 18-14 season (117-85 over 6 years overall; 53-47 in SEC)

Quote from AD is something I think we can all agree with:

"In this business we are ultimately judged by wins and losses on the court and, for a variety of reasons, we haven't made satisfactory progress in that area," Alabama athletic director Bill Battle said in a statement. "We have a great university, and an excellent athletics program that has expectations for all of our teams to meet the highest standards in competition, in the classroom and in the community.
"Today's decision is part of a larger evaluation of every facet of our basketball program that is intended to improve every aspect of our basketball program. A key component in that effort is to get all of our fans pulling in the same direction, and to make Coleman Coliseum the best home court advantage in the SEC."

I have no idea what money/buyout stuff looked like but Alabama is obviously a football-first school but they are not sitting idly by and saying one tourney appearance in six years is good enough.

We all have opinions on the basketball coaching situation but I think the large majority (if not all) of us think a change is probably the right move. Whether you hate Sendek or appreciate him - this program could use a jolt and I hope we can make that jolt happen sooner rather than later.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News