ADVERTISEMENT

Are All CF Rankings a Sham?

asusundevil23

Dec 21, 2016
As the resident SEC-hater, I must point this out to all my fellow Sun Devil fans.

As if we needed more evidence that the entire ranking system - not just the CFP committee - is a sham and fixed to pander to the SEC, I was shocked to find Northwestern unranked this week. Look at who it played and beat last week on the road (a P5 bowl team last year, Purdue). Look at how it finished last year (10 wins). Know that it's on a 9-game winning streak over P5 opposition. I thought how a team finished last year is taken into consideration in the following year's ranking. Isn't that the consideration the entire SEC conference receives annually?

Still not convinced of the blatant SEC bias? Look at where Florida and South Carolina are ranked today in the top 25. Florida finished last year at 4-7. It beat an FCS school at home in week 1. The Gamecocks finished 9-4 last year and beat a Sun Belt school at home in week 1.

This sham is killing my interest in college football. We must get rid of all rankings until after week 5 or 6. We must force all P5 teams to play the same number of conference games. Winning the conference must be a prerequisite for playing in the playoff. Expansion to 8 teams would remedy most of this garbage but God forbid the NCAA actually ask the SEC to play more quality competition. Could you imagine if it had to actually play a playoff game on our time zone, a la what MSU agreed to this Saturday?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News