ADVERTISEMENT

Are Newcomers Adding Heft to Big-12 ?

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
That's a subject an AP article by John Marshall tackles in today's newspaper down here...;)

BYU, Central Florida, Cincy and Houston
were all added to the Big-12 last year and none ended up with a winning record at the end of the season...

So far, the addition this year of the Four Corner schools, that includes our Sun Devils, all have winning records and Utah is still ranked, while AU had been ranked until their loss last weekend to K-State...

Utah most probably will continue to win games and will most likely compete for the conference championship, while AU should win many more than it loses, while both ASU and Colorado might well struggle to win more than they lose but it's obvious that the Four Corner schools have, indeed, added more heft to the Big-12 this year...

This is how the article describes the Sun Devils at this point in our season and I paraphrase...

"Devils were racked by injuries last season (Dilly's first at ASU) that had a lot to do with the 3-9 season but the Devils appear to be on the road to turning things around this year by winning its first three games...after a revolving door at QB last season the team already has a steady presence at that position in transfer Sam Leavitt...Cam Skattebo has also been instrumental in the Devils success, so far"...

I just hope and trust that we add more value this year to the conference than Prime Time adds with the Buffs in Boulder...

Of the three teams added last year, it appears that UCF might have an outside chance of winning the conference, since they have a very good proven coach, good and big experienced QB, along with a very experienced team and a favorable schedule...

I guess it could come down to UCF playing a team like the Utes for the Big-12 championship, if teams like K-State and Oklahoma St, etc, falter...

I just want our Sun Devils to keep winning games, one game at a time...Go Devils and Beat the Red Raiders!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.