ADVERTISEMENT

Arizona State football practice report 9/13/17

justintoscano

Gold Member
Apr 29, 2016
Hey guys,

ASU practiced today. There are only a few more days until the Texas Tech game. Here's the report from media viewing..

MEDIA VIEWING:
About 20 minutes

STRETCH SONG: Jukebox Hero (classic)

IN GREEN:
QB Brady White

PERSONNEL:
The players who appeared limited were: TE Jared Bubak, TE Mark Walton, WR John Humphrey, DB KJ Jarrell, RB Paul Lucas

BALL SECURITY: I observed the ball security drills today. The open-field tackling one had good reps. However, it wasn't against a ball carrier looking to make a move. Tough to tell much of anything.

TEMPO/TEAM: ASU ran through each of these sessions. The teams were mostly the same, but I'll note changes.

First team offense: QB Manny Wilkins, RBs Demario Richard (team)/Kalen Ballage (team and tempo), WRs N'Keal Harry/Kyle Williams/Jalen Harvey, TE Ceejhay French-Love, LT Zach Robertson, LG Sam Jones, C Cohl Cabral, RG Steven Miller, RT Quinn Bailey

Note: Jay Jay Wilson ran with the second team in team, but that perhaps could've been because of French-Love. He pulled up a bit during a drill. It looked like perhaps a cramp. Anyway, that could've been why. Tommy Hudson was in on first team for team because of that.

Second team offense: QB Blake Barnett, RB Nick Ralston (tempo)/Eno Benjamin (team and tempo), WRs Terrell Chatman/Frank Darby/Ryan Jenkins/Ryan Newsome (in for a rep during team), TE Jay Jay Wilson (team only)/Tommy Hudson(tempo ), LT Tyson Rising, LG Connor Humphrey, C A.J. McCollum, RG Alex Losoya, RT Mason Walter

First team defense:

D-Line: Tashon Smallwood, JoJo Wicker, AJ Latu

LB: Koron Crump, Christian Sam, DJ Calhoun

SPUR: J'Marcus Rhodes

DB: CB Joey Bryant, CB Kobe Williams, S Das Tautalatasi, S Chad Adams

Second team defense:

D-Line: Doug Subtyl, Renell Wren, Shannon Forman

LB: Khaylan Thomas, Malik Lawal, Deion Guignard

SPUR: Tyler Whiley

DB: CB Chase Lucas, CB Darien Cornay, S Demonte King, S Langston Frederick

Here is what I observed from the two periods...

Tempo (1s): Swing to Harry, Manny keeper, complete to Kyle Williams, complete to Williams again, Ballage run

Tempo (2s): Incomplete pass, inside run Ralston, Hudson reception across the middle

Team (1s): Manny PA pass incomplete, incomplete pass, another incompletion (N'Keal tried to go up for a circus catch), Kyle Williams catches deep ball near the corner (explosive play)

Team (2s): Newsome drops pass, Darby catches slant

Media viewing ended after that second rep.

SPECIAL TEAMS: I observed a bit of this session and was watching Sleep-Dalton. He seems to be pretty much normal punting with the right foot. He's been punting with that dominant foot since yesterday's practice.

Here is a video of the offensive line:

That's it for today's practice report. If there are any questions, send them this way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News