ADVERTISEMENT

ASU Basketball - not what we thought

Denver Devil

Gold Member
Aug 23, 2006
So last season we knew we were highly dependent on the 3 ball and got exposed quickly in P12 play.

This season we (most of us anyway) felt that we had one hell of an athletic team that would play a suffocating enough defense that we didn't need to rely on the 3.

Well....

I think it's becoming very clear that we have some serious problems and it all starts with CBH's inability to achieve really good head coaching status.

1. Our defense is sporadic. We're often lazy for larger stretches of the game than we are locked in. That's coaching.

2. We don't have great 3 point shooters but we still insist on launching a lot of 3 point trys. Coaching.

3. Our man defense is full of holes and yet CBH refuses to, or doesn't know how to, go to a zone. Coaching.

4. Other teams go on huge runs without us calling a TO to regroup. Coaching.

I love ASU basketball but I feel that this season in P12 play will mimic last season in P12 play. The difference is that we'll end up in the NIT and not the NCAA Tourney.

I don't know what the answer is but I do know that CBH has a LONG way to go before he can be called a great coach. Right now he is a really good recruiter but a very average coach. Stupid decisions on both ends of the floor consistently.

I hope I'm wrong but this season may end up being about missed opportunities and squandered talent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News