ADVERTISEMENT

ASU Football/Recruiting Questions

banter heath

May 29, 2014
Sorry to create a whole new thread on this. I'm new to the area, new to ASU Football and new to the board. I've been trying to read as much of the board as I can to get up to speed on Sun Devil's football but I do have a couple of questions that might be easily answered and they might not.

1. From what I've gathered this roster is pretty thin currently. It doesn't look like the team is currently using all of their 85 scholarships unless I'm missing something. Is the coaching staff going to try to sign a huge class for 2020 to make up for the lack of depth? Or are they not going to sign guys just to sign guys?

2. Like I've said in another thread I'm from the Nebraska area and you can't get away from Husker football unfortunately. One thing that the Husker do however is they're pretty known for their walk-on program. Do Herm and ASU have a pretty good flow of walk-ons that can help with the depth issues? Or is that an area of weakness?

3. One of the main reasons I bring up the walk-on issue is because I feel like Nebraska really try's to add O-lineman from it's walk-on program. I've read a lot on here about how the o-line is a very big concern going into next season. Sounds like a lot of that can be put on the previous regime but at some point you've got to overcome that. Obviously Jayden Daniels and whoever takes over for Eno next season aren't going to be successful without a solid offensive line. How big of a concern is this? What does the staff plan to do about it?

I look forward to hearing some responses to these questions, look forward to being a part of this board and most importantly look forward to going to the game on Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News