ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Thoughts

asuhouseofheat

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Lehi, Utah
So very once in a while I go to a few of the games to check out the historic baseball team. I have only been to one game this year and will be going to tonight's game with my dad. The games that I have caught via streaming and been to I can honestly say I think we are headed in the right direction. Tracy Smith in my opinion is going to be a good one. He takes things seriously and is not afraid to say what he is thinking. In today's article on azcentral he talked about a couple base running errors we made and said not even little league would do that. We had an incredibly tough schedule to start off the year and are 10-5. Not bad considering the dirtbags are always tough, TCU was #1 , and Oklahoma state was #8 at the time. Looking forward to see what the coaching staff can do.

Tracy Smith maybe the most entertaining Twitter follow ever. Seriously when he gave the ðŸ‘￾ emoticon during the USC vs UA game when the kicker missed. He set an instant credibility to the fans. He gets the fan base and our dislike for UA. He understands what the expectations are and does not shy from them. So Tracy Smith is going to get us back to where we should be in my opinion.

Second thought is about the ballpark. Packard was iconic and it will be missed. So many memories and families grew up in the Packard era. It was surreal last season watching the last game played there. Didn't know what to really expect. After last season we knew it was time to say goodbye to a former sun devil and bring in the new coaching staff. Anyone remember where Esmay landed? Phoenix Muni is a big step and major upgrade for the fan experience and the ball players. The video board is so nice and everything feels new. The concessions though are really expensive. For those that drink beer you got your wish of being able to drink during the game. You know it will help attendance and more $$$$ in the Atheltic departments pocket.

I am excited to see how we do in our first pac-12 game tonight and I hope everyone has a chance to make it out there.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News