ADVERTISEMENT

Bowls Galore

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
The newspaper lists 41 bowl games this year not counting the final championship game...

There are three teams with 5-7 records that are going to bowls and twelve teams with 6-6 records, including the Sun Devils...

So, we've got a glut of bowl games for no other reason than to sell TV rights, so some networks can make some money broadcasting games, that no one is going to watch, unless it's the parents and relatives of some players participating in the bowl game...

It would be like my parents giving me a big present for bringing home a report card full of average to poor grades which, of course, is what we do these days with just about everything...

Trophies for everybody who participated...:)

I mistakenly indicated the other day that ASU was favored by 10 pts over West Virginia, while the actual line is the Sun Devils favored by 1.5 pts, which is now down to 1 pt, so the odds-makers have made the Devils favorites by virtue of this being another "home" game for them, since it is in the Valley...

I also noticed that the Mountaineers are not giving up a zillion yards on defense like the Sun Devils each game, which makes me wonder why we are favored...

The Cats are favored by 10 pts over the NM Lobos, who we defeated rather easily earlier in the year and, in another matter regarding the Cats, the South Carolina AD felt compelled to tell the media that Rich Rod was never offered the Gamecocks job, which is what Greg Byrne had told the everyone, when announcing that RR was staying in Tucson...

On the Herd this morning, he had Stanford coach, David Shaw, on his show and said that another coach in the PAC, when asked who was the best coached team in the conference, said that it wasn't even close...that Stanford was the best coached team...of course, Shaw had a modest reply but I think it is a good question to ask, so I will ask it...

Do you think Stanford is the best coached team in the PAC..??

Additionally, he asked Shaw if Stanford wanted to be in the Rose Bowl since they did not make the playoffs and have been to Rose Bowls before, and Shaw said that their goal is always to go to the Rose Bowl, while Cowherd was wondering if Iowa would be more motivated since they don't go to the Rose Bowl much...

Cowherd has concluded exactly like what my grandfather told me a long time ago...when looking at Bowl games, always go with the team that has more to prove by being there and I think there is a lot of truth to that, which raises this question, I think...

Who has more to prove and wants to be there more in the Cactus Bowl...West Virginia or ASU..??

What do you think and why..??

Championships or Bust...Go Devils!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News