ADVERTISEMENT

Call me crazy...

wtrting

Jul 3, 2015
One name that I haven't seen linked to the OC position is Steve Sarkisian. Call me crazy, but am I at fault for thinking he's a somewhat alluring hire?

First off, the guy has a swath of coaching experience and is a bona fide offensive mind. He turned around a pretty abysmal Washington team and led USC fairly well. He also had a fine year in his stint as offensive coordinator at USC. I look at what he did at Washington and figure he could do well here with better athletes and football players.

Second, the guy is a monster recruiter. Despite his troubles, kids like him. I remember when he was able to poach Shaq Thompson from Cal; that was pretty impressive. He obviously has a great connection to California and is familiar recruiting kids front here; he could really help us convince kids to come here rather than the California schools. Even though he's had his troubles, there is no doubt the man can recruit.

Now, the obvious obstacle regarding Sark is his behavior; as we know, CTG is a man of high character and runs a tight ship. But I think that could benefit Sark; the pressure of being head coach wouldn't fall on him, and having someone like CTG as his boss could perhaps keep him on the right course. I also believe the guy deserves a second chance; he was never arrested or received a DUI, which would be completely unacceptable. He acted stupid and knows he blew a great opportunity; I think he would be excited if given another chance.

Anyways, let me know what you guys think. I know he will probably never get a look, but I am just musing. Thanks all and have a wonderful night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News