ADVERTISEMENT

Deflategate

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
I know we've already had a post or two about the infamous ball deflation brouhaha by the Patriots against the Colts in the playoffs but is it really so sensational that it deserves the amount of attention it is getting...

Ray Rice assaults (punches her right in the face knocking her out) his wife to be in a Las Vegas elevator and gets suspended for two games initially, while Brady winks-winks with a couple of equipment managers for the team, to take a little air out of the game balls prior to playing the Colts, and he gets suspended for four games...

Rice could've very easily killed his girlfriend or maimed her for life but Brady masterminds an air pressure caper involving footballs and gets twice the punishment of Rice...can you say travesty of justice..??

Admittedly, the NFL subsequently reviewed the Ray Rice matter (due to appropriate public outrage) and adjusted his punishment accordingly...but is air pressure adjustment of footballs a minor misdemeanor or a high felony in the scope of things..??

Sure, Tom Brady didn't come clean but we aren't talking about the use of PEDs or anything like that are we..??

The Patriots are always pushing the envelope and have numerous Super Bowl championships as a result...

Is that a crime..??

The ironic thing is that the NFL wasn't controlling the ball situation right up to kick-off like they obviously should have been but is anybody going to get fired within their organization for that oversight..??

If the NFL really was serious about the whole deal then the Brady suspension would come at playoff time and not at the beginning of the season, since that would really mean something..right..??

Congrats, Pats, you've made the playoffs once again but now your "cheating QB" is going to have to sit out the playoffs...

If the Pats don't make the playoffs under Brady then you take those draft picks away from the team...

In any event, to me at least, the punishment doesn't fit the crime and will be appealed and adjusted at a future date, if I'm not mistaken...

I'm not a lawyer but I'm pretty sure that the NFL wouldn't win this case if it were taken to court as there are evidentiary flaws all over the place to my way of thinking...

Aside from the entertainment value of this matter what do you think the key takeaways are for us..??

Crime doesn't pay..??

Come clean if caught..??

Take your punishment like a man (or woman or organization)..??

Air pressure cheating is worse than assaulting women..??

Rules are made to be broken..??

The NFL is run by boobs..??

The punishment doesn't fit the crime..??

Is there even a crime here to punish..??

Is this a deep or superficial matter..??

The list could go on forever and gives us something to talk and debate while we wait for important stuff to materialize in our lives, like how the Devils will do next football season...

Championships or Bust...Go Devils!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News