ADVERTISEMENT

Devils Rise, Cats Dip

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
According to the Daily Star PAC power ratings this week...

Here are their conference rankings this week, along with where they were ranked last week, before the start of the season...

1) Stanford (previous #2)...beat SDSU 31-10...host USC this weekend...I have no problem with this as KJ Costello and Bryce Love are big time players...

2) Washington (previous #1)...lost to Auburn on the road 21-16...no problem with this as the Huskies are loaded with talent and experience...host N Dakota Sat...

3) Oregon (previous #4)...beat Bowling Green 58-24...no problem with this as I think the Ducks may well win the PAC North...have talent and favorable schedule...host Portland St this weekend...

4) USC (previous #3)...beat UNLV 43-21...no problem with this and interesting that the South has three North teams rated above them at this point...plays at Stanford in premier game this weekend...

5) Utah (previous #5)...beat Weber St 41-10...no problem with this and they may have an interesting game with No Illinois on the road this Sat...

6) Colorado (previous #8)...beat Colorado St 45-13...I think the Buffs are overrated here but we'll find out a lot as they travel to Nebraska this weekend...

7) Cal (previous #7)...beat N Carolina 24-17...I think they are better than Colorado and we'll know more after they play BYU on the road this weekend...

8) ASU (previous #10)...beat UTSA 49-7...I would rate them a couple of places higher but Michigan St is favored to beat them this Sat in SDS, so we'll see...

9) Wazzu (previous #11)...beat Wyoming 41-19...probably about right...face San Jose St this Sat...

10) Arizona (previous #6)...lost to BYU 28-23...Cat fans are suicidal after loss and we'll find out more about the Cats as they play at Houston Sat...

11) UCLA (previous # 9)...lost to Cincinnati 26-17...have to play at Oklahoma on Sat...not good, not good at all...good thing Chip got a long term contract...

12) Oregon St (previous #12)...lost to Ohio St 77-31...get So Idaho at home Sat so will probably come away with a win...

What would your rankings look like after the first week of the season..??

Go Devils!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News