ADVERTISEMENT

Does Dilly Ever Sleep ?

Devil Dust

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
I don't know about you but I'm amazed by how Dilly is recruiting these days especially in contrast to Herm's style of recruiting from what I know...

I don't remember Herm ever doing what Dilly has been doing in recruiting or am I mistaken about that..??

If I'm not mistaken, Dilly hasn't gotten any sleep in the past couple of weeks as he is trying to upgrade our transfer and HS recruiting...

It's exhausting for me to even think about it but I certainly appreciate it, that's for sure...

I also appreciate whoever is flying him around these days as I can't imagine that he's taking commercial flights but, maybe, he is since this is ASU, after all...

I also appreciate that our OL coach - Saga Tuitele - is going with him around the western US that includes Hawaii, that is a great place to visit when you have the time to enjoy it...

It would appear that this coach and staff want to enhance our Poly connections and since we have several needs, depth wise, along the OL, this would make a lot of sense on multiple levels...

If they pull in about a half dozen OL this way, we would at least have enough scholarship players with which to practice and some might get thrown into the mix, as true FR, like what happened with Sean Na'a...

It may not be the ideal way to do things but, then again, what choice does Dilly have these days in building a competitive roster..??

I know coaches get paid well and they should when they are going without sleep for weeks and months on end, if you ask me...

On the other hand, I don't think Herm was quite as dedicated even though he was at ASU early each morning but, then again, I don't pretend to know...

I'm sure he made a great cup of coffee and certainly was a pretty good closer but I think he left a lot of the recruiting dirty work to his underlings...

I don't remember him ever flying around the way Dilly has been doing but Dilly is more than half the age of Herm so there is that, too...

This is a brutal business that takes its toll on families, especially, as I'm sure the divorce rate is very high in the college coaching ranks...

So, I want Dilly and his staff to know how much I appreciate their hard work and trust that one day soon it will mean many more wins for our Sun Devils...

Bringing home the bacon isn't for the faint of heart...Go Dilly (Staff) and Go Devils!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News