ADVERTISEMENT

Herm Edwards HBO interview

TillmanTunnell

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2019
"You can never cheat the game of football. The practice, the preparation is bigger than the game"

If you listen to his post game after UofA he talks about JD5's habits Sunday through Friday. He loves the game. He is in the building studying.

I strongly believe that firing Likens had very little to do with the 4 game losing streak. I think it had little to do with play calling. I think it had very little to do with Saturday's at all. I don't think Herm is trying to upgrade Saturday.

I think it is as simple as Herm's belief that JD5 is the BEST chance he has at elevating the program and he simply didn't feel like Likens was the guy to mentor his star QB Sun - Fri.

I fully expect for our next OC to have a big time QB on his resume. Probably a young QB. (i.e. Hue Jackson was the QB coach in Baltimore when Flacco was the first ever rookie QB to win 2 playoff games). I expect that to be on the resume.

I think Herm just simply wanted an upgrade on the teaching JD5 will get during his practice and his preparation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News